Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A FAST READ!

Just to give you a bit of a break... here are a few stories in photos... hope you enjoy!


Here are the two precious tiny mites who are now Bosco's sisters. (This is the Bosco that stayed with us in 2007.)  The one on the left is Faith and on the right is Jenny (Jennifer).  They are just a year and a half.. have been with Joann (the Mum) for nearly 6 months and they formerly were children from The Bulrushes.



Here we are with our boys from Bbira... yes a preview of the blog entry from this past Sunday.  Not sure  how much I will get to write this weekend as Donna and Gerry are taking us to Jinga.. (pronounced like we would say using a G instead of a J) about 3 hours to the east, to the Source of the Nile River.  We will be there overnight for 2 nights.  Donna and Gerry have been so amazing and it seems like we have known them for such a long time.  The boys from left to right are Vincent, Jimmy (both 2009) and Bosco (2007).



The team from 2008 will recognize these two dear men - Paul, one of our hosts on the left and Moses, our team bus driver on the right.  We were able to have a brief visit with them on Monday.  Given that they host so many people, we are amazed when they remember our team but they both do.  Both have sent greetings to our other team members and ask God for rich blessings to you.

Okay, are you ready for this?  This was Monday night...I'll let the photos mostly speak for themselves...

Elizabeth is just getting started...

 
8 hours later... nearly done!


The next day.  This may be all you get to see as some sprigs are already coming loose, my scalp is already itching and not sure I can sleep on the plane as the ponytail is at my neck and the hair goes halfway down my back!  But is was a neat experience.  Hope you enjoy a good giggle at my expense!  It is interesting though, the girls I have been working with seem to like it ... or at least the idea of it. 

5 comments:

danielle said...

AUNT NAN!!!!!
Ok, you look so fabulous with the briads!
I love you, i love you, i love you. I wish i was there with you!

Michelle said...

LOVE IT! So great that you had a weave put in ;) tee hee...

My word verification to post this is chmom (which give me a new nickname for you- chia mom :) ha ha !)

alicia said...

Seeing Paul and Moses again has just completely floored me, it's so hard to believe that it's been almost a year and a half... And Nancy, I love that you had your hair done! :)

Anonymous said...

I think your hair looks really nice, Nancy. I like the earrings too.
Jeannie

Nancy said...

It's nice to hear your comments girls. Thanks so much. I had to take it all out tonight - NA hair is so soft/slippery that it doesn't stay in that well. Some braids were starting to come out and I felt that even though I wasn't minding the braids most of the time, I might not be able to sleep on the plane and since we will be travelling for about 24 hours, better not to aggravate neck soreness and the like. But it was a great experience and one I am so glad to have had. What you can't see in this photo so well is that the braids are black... and the pony tail went halfway down my back! It was quite a change. Some people didn't know me. Others thought it made me look younger... perhaps I should have kept them! More photos when we come home.